I have watched in awe the past week as Ukraine has been brutally bombarded by the Russian military. This war has already cost countless lives and the tragedy unfolding will take unimaginable resources to rebuild.
We have friends, relatives, coworkers, and acquaintances in Ukraine who need our help. The Drupal Ukraine community includes hundreds whose lives have been uprooted—some to other parts of the world, some to shelter, and some to the front lines. This is my attempt at a list of resources who are requesting aid. Please give generously and consider setting up recurring donations if you can.
MidCamp is donating $6000 of our reserves to relief funds. One thousand each to ImageX, Voices of Children, IRC, Red Cross, Tabletochiki, and Kyiv Independent.
- ImageX Emergency Relief
- Donations will go directly to the ImageX team in Ukraine to ensure they have funds to help them flee if and when they can and/or to rebuild their lives.
- Voices of Children
- Providing financial and psychological support to children who have witnessed war, through art therapy and storytelling and well-being practices.
- International Rescue Committee
- Providing food, clothing, shelter and other resources to refugees fleeing countries facing a humanitarian crisis.
- Ukrainian Red Cross
- Providing infrastructure support, food and hygiene items for families and medical aid to vulnerable and wounded Ukrainians.
- Providing diagnostics, medicine, care coordination, transportation, psychological support, and special events for Ukrainian children with cancer.
These funds directly contribute to the war effort. They may not be the right way to contribute for everyone, but have been recommended directly by multiple Ukrainian colleagues.
- Come Back Alive
- Providing bullet-proof vests, technology, training, and ammunition to Ukrainian soldiers.
- National Bank of Ukraine Special Fund
- to directly support the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
Support for Marginalized People in Ukraine
- Ukrainian Women's Guard
- Fight for Right - support for Ukrainians with disabilities.
- Everybody Can
- Resources for African/Caribbean students in Ukraine
- Nigerians Leaving Ukraine
- United Help Ukraine
- Sunflower of Peace
- Fundraiser to Support Hospitals in Ukraine
- List of bomb shelters in Ukraine
- Fundraising to support Romani People
- Project Kesher - supporting Jewish women and girls.
- Operataion Ganga - evacuating Indian nationals.
- Kyiv Independent – Ukraine’s English-language media outlet, created by journalists who were fired from the Kyiv Post for defending editorial independence.
- Keep Ukraine’s media going (GoFundMe) - aimed at helping media relocate, set-up back offices and continue their operations from neighboring countries.
- Ukraine Crisis Media Center – international strategic communications hub with active outreach to audiences both in Ukraine and abroad.