MidCamp 2021 sessions are all happening virtually! Please review our Virtual Speaker Resources for lots more detail.
A MidCamp themed slide template is available for the speakers who would like to use it.
- Google Slides format
- When logged in to your Google account select 'File' -> 'Make a copy' to create your own version for editing.
- Footer text can be edited via View -> Master
- PowerPoint format - select 'File' -> 'Download as' -> 'Microsoft PowerPoint'
- Keynote format - click the download icon to download
(Fonts used in the presentation can be downloaded as well if needed)
You may use whatever slide deck you desire. We request that you include the following slides in your presentation:
- Title Slide
- Speaker Slide
- Contribution Day (Saturday, March 27th)
- More information at https://www.midcamp.org/2021/contribution-day
If you're using code-based slides, here's some Markdown to start with.
As you prepare your slides, please be mindful of accessibility. Below are tips to keep in mind:
- Plan to describe images you use if they contain content relevant to the presentation, for people who cannot see them.
- New vocabulary/tech-y words are nice to have written on slides, especially for those in the audience who are not native English speakers.
- Upload your slides to MidCamp.org ahead of time, so that people could use screen readers with it or zoom in to see text on their local machines.
- Keep in mind contrast ratios of text/background colors. If using reveal.js, consider running your presentation though Google's Lighthouse tool.
- wave.webaim.org can be pointed at the raw html and do an evaluation.
- All sessions will be captioned using Zoom. More information can be found on our Accessibility page.
- Transcripts will be created shared at a later date.