In this session we’ll map out how the parts of Drupal 8 work together by examining how Drupal is like Walt Disney World!
Having an accurate mental model of a complex system helps you work more effectively. Basing the model on a fun and friendly place like Walt Disney World makes it both more entertaining and easier to remember.
Topics covered will include:
- What’s a web framework anyway?
- What do we mean when we say “core” and what does it do?
- How do modules and themes relate to Drupal core?
- What parts of Drupal came from Symfony, and what does that mean?
- What’s the connection between Drupal and trash cans at the Magic Kingdom?
If you’re new to Drupal, want a better understanding of the various components that make up Drupal, or just want to know what a theme park “weenie” is, this session will help you faster than you can say Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
Lisa McCrayDrupal Web Developer & Instructor @ Debug Academy
Lisa is a Drupal Web Developer & Instructor at Debug Academy. She’s so uncool that she doesn’t actually hate any technologies, though she does give CSS serious side-eye now and then. Mostly she loves to build things, try new stuff, and she talks. Like, a lot.
In her former life, Lisa worked in both commercial and government technology with companies like Bixal, IBM, Procter & Gamble, and SRA International. Originally trained in Electrical Engineering, Lisa followed her interest in software and the needs of users to earn a degree in Human Factors with a focus on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work.
She has presented several Drupal-related sessions such as:
- Co-trainer at the sold out ReactJS training in DrupalCon Nashville 2018
- Speaker at Drupal GovCon 2018
- Co-presenter at Drupal Corn 2018