During this session, Jason will discuss his recent experience of advocating for and adopting a contrib-first approach at Nerdery. He will highlight takeaways from his experience and review specific examples of contrib-first activities/tasks that a project team can undertake during a project's lifecycle.
In short, the approach adopts the Drupal community’s values, principles and development methodology to openly collaborate with Drupal community members and not-yet members (e.g. clients) to deliver speedy, impactful and extensible Drupal solutions that are forward compatible with the Drupal core roadmap to accelerate time to value for our partners’ current and future projects.
- What is a Drupal Contrib-First Approach and what are its benefits?
- How to incorporate contrib-first activities/tasks into your project work and project lifecycle?
- A checklist: how to adopt a contrib-first approach.
- Anyone interested in contributing to the Drupal community as part of their project work
- Anyone curious about the value of vendors and contractors contributing to the Drupal community as part of their project work
Jason WantSenior Software Engineer @ Nerdery
Jason has eight years of experience working with Drupal as a site architect and builder, themer and developer. He is an Acquia Certified Drupal 7&8 Developer and Certified Scrum Master. Jason is passionate about Drupal and enjoys participating in monthly New Orleans Drupal User group meet-ups and as DrupalCon North America co-chair of the Horizons track.
When he’s not working with the Nerdery team, you can find Jason spending time with his family, camping, sailing on Lake Pontchartrain or gardening in the yard.