Migrating and displaying location data can present many painful issues, and they can emerge during every phase of a project. We will discuss ways to import and process different types of location data from multiple sources, how to geocode and prepare the data for page display, and how to send it to mobile apps via Drupal 8’s RESTful API.
This session will cover:
- Using Migrate, Migrate Tools, and custom plugins to migrate data from different types of sources.
- Setting up daily imports using the Migrate and Migrate Tools modules along with custom plugins.
- Using the Geolocation Field module, Geocoder module, and custom functions to prepare data for page display.
- Creating a RESTful service to send processed location data to mobile apps.
This session is for:
- Developers on projects that make use of location data and/or complex migrations.
- Site architects that are interested in complex migrations and/or managing location data.
- Developers or Site architects that are interested in serving location data to mobile apps.
Matthew MessmerDirector of International Business @ Genero
I am an Acquia Certified Drupal Grand Master and I make Drupal websites for clients around the world.
I enjoy traveling and cooking.
Robert ShellSenior Consultant @ Clarity Partners
I have over twenty years of experience in web development, interface design, digital marketing, and user experience. I enjoy developing exciting and effective solutions for my clients.
I specialize in Drupal and PHP development, web application design, collaboration software, and interactive communities.
I look forward to the things that I can learn and invent in each new project.