This workshop will take place Thursday, March 19 from 9:45 am until lunch. No need to pre-register, this training is included in your camp ticket at no extra cost.
Drupal, an open source content management system, is used to make many of the websites and applications you use every day. Drupal has great standard features, like easy content authoring, reliable performance, and excellent security.
In this live session, David Needham, Pantheon’s expert Drupal instructor, will walk you through the essentials of creating your first Drupal website. By the end, you’ll have an understanding of Drupal’s fundamental building blocks and a working sandbox on Pantheon that you can continue to use for as long as you like. From there, you can continue to explore at your own pace with our recommended self-serve training resources.
Who Should Attend:
No prior experience with Drupal or web development is necessary. All are welcome. The four-hour course consists of topic-driven lectures and step-by-step exercises delivered online.
Some typical attendees of past events have been:
- Drupal-Curious Developers - Ever wonder how to build sites with Drupal?
- Junior Developers - Anyone getting started with web development will learn the foundations of Drupal.
- Web Team Members - Project Managers, Site Builders, QA testers and anyone else who works with a Drupal site building team.
What you'll learn:
- Drupal Basics: Discover why Drupal has become one of the biggest CMSs and how you can leverage the Drupal community on your next project.
- Content Types & Fields: These building blocks of Drupal allow you to create and manage complex data structures with an easy UI.
- Dynamic Lists:You’ll learn how to use Views, a UI-driven query builder, to generate dynamic pages and blocks that can be reused throughout your site.
- Q&A: We'll spend a portion of the time answering any questions you have around the essentials of Drupal.
David NeedhamDeveloper Advocate @ Pantheon
David Needham is a Developer Advocate at Pantheon where he focuses on developer education and training. When he's not blogging about productivity at davidneedham.me or speaking at conferences, you can probably find him with his bicycle-loving family playing board games in Champaign, IL.