Blog posts and podcast appearances
- DrupalEasy Podcast - “Pivoting to Virtual Midcamp” with Avi Schwab
- Talking Drupal - “Virtual Camps” with Avi Schwab and Kevin Thull
- DrupalEasy Podcast - “Virtual Contribution Days” with AmyJune Hineline
- Remotely Effective - "Taking an In-person Conference Virtual" with Avi Schwab
- Addressing Accessibility Concerns for Virtual Conferences — A Case Study by Andy Olson
Finally, some kind words from Todd Ross Nienkerk (via Slack):
Happy Saturday! I’d like to send some kudos to the MidCamp organizers and volunteers. They bravely decided to move the event “virtual” early on, long before most other events had made the call. The pivot, from where I’m sitting, appeared seamless: confident, incredibly well-documented and -communicated, and rooted in care and good humor. (They found live captioners! Who does that??? :slightly_smiling_face:) While this appeared seamless, I know this required a TON of work, and their hard work meant speakers, sponsors, and attendees didn’t bear the burden. At no point did I feel confused or underwhelmed. MidCamp has set the bar for pivoting to online events—and, specifically, for translating the DrupalCamp “feel” to a virtual environment. A+++ would MidCamp again. Thank you all for this incredible lift on top of everything else you’re dealing with right now. Thank you, thank you, thank you.