Nick SelvaggioDeveloper @ Sego Solutions
Hey guys, my name is Nick Selvaggio. I am a long time Drupal user and developer. I've had the privilege to train many folks over the years on how to develop web applications using the Drupal platform. I run Sego Solutions out of Long Island New York and help organize our local user group.
Our Drupal 8 module development curriculum is designed to take students through all the core aspects of building a Drupal 8 module.
As developers, Drupal 8 brings with it a wave of change to how we implement our modules.
This training is geared towards folks new to Drupal 8 module development and wants to get a solid introduction to some of the core APIs we will need to know.
Topics we will cover:
- Explore the fundamental structure of Drupal 8
- Symfony components overview
- Review of the motivation behind the Drupal 8 architecture(off the island mind frame)
- Explore the structure of a Drupal 8 module.
- Take a look at some core D8 modules.
- Review menu system changes and the routing layer.
- A look at the Form API and compare a D7 vs D8 form.
- A look at the Block API and compare a D7 vs D8 block implementation.
- End with a review for further exploration such as configuration and testing.
No need to have any preconfigured environment for the training. We will be distributing environments via StackStarter.io. Just bring your laptop and a willingness to learn something new!