CiviCRM is an Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) system, primarily for nonprofit or civic organizations, that can be integrated into Drupal (6, 7 & 8) as well as Wordpress, Joomla and Backdrop. And it's Open Source!
Drupal and CiviCRM have had a long history together, but there is only small overlap between the communities of people who really know both platforms.
Our team at myDropWizard are long-time Drupalers who have only started digging really deep into CiviCRM and we've discovered some AMAZING things that we want to share with the wider Drupal community.
- API First? Yeah, CiviCRM already has that. :-)
- Using front-end frameworks like Angular to build admin UI's? Already doing that too.
- WYSIWYG e-mail building tool that rivals the user experience of Mailchimp? Check!
- Super flexible membership management with recurring payment? Done for years.
This presentation will include a short introduction to CiviCRM, and how an organization might want to use it with Drupal, and a deep dive into some of the coolest features that never knew where there. :-)
If you work at or sometimes build Drupal sites for nonprofits or governments or other civic organizations, you NEED to see this! There's some really cool value that you could provide to these organizations that you're missing out on.
David SnopekCo-Founder @ myDropWizard, Inc.
I'm a Drupal developer, consultant and entrepreneur (in Milwaukee, WI, USA), which I've been doing full-time since 2010. I'm also fairly involved in the Drupal community:
- I maintain or co-maintain 20-ish modules on Drupal.org. At the moment, I'm mostly focused on Panopoly.
- I co-organize the Drupal users group in Milwaukee, WI, called Drupal414.
- I go to lots of DrupalCamps around the Midwest region (and sometimes beyond), presenting when ever I can! You can see some of my presentations on YouTube.
- I'm a member of the Drupal Security Team.
You may have noticed a lot of co-, as in co-maintain and co-organize. I always prefer to work with a team, rather than go it alone, ie: I play well with others. :-)