This year Drupal is 17. For over a decade the process of upgrading from one version to another was one of the biggest challenges. With Drupal 8 the ease of upgrading was one of most pleasant surprises. Looks like Drupal is getting out of teenage years and becoming quite a mature entity.
By the end of this session you will know how to complete a content upgrade for your Drupal 7 or 6 website, and what is not included. We will do a step-by-step demo of how the migration process goes:
- Starting with out of the box vanilla Drupal 8 site
- Connecting to the existing website that you want to upgrade
- What modules you need for Drupal 8
- Blocks, Theme, and Views migrations
- Options available for moving content from other systems: Feeds (finally ready for Drupal 8), Migrate Plus and other plugins.
We will also discuss when you want to upgrade your site and when you want to migrate your site, and variations/combinations of these two cases.
Session Takeaway: How and when to upgrade your website to Drupal 8
Expected Attendees: This session is designed for site builders, content managers and strategists who are planning overall site development.