Promet Source is a global web and mobile application development company delivering full service high-value consulting and software development solutions. As a leading technology provider of web services, we focus on complex web development, support, mobile applications, and strategic marketing. We are dedicated to open source software solutions by providing managed services for Drupal-based websites, products, and applications.
Promet Source combines a unique combination of stellar designers, savvy project managers, and talented developers. Promet Source applications look great, are fun to use, and deliver outstanding value to our clients and their constituents. At Promet Source we not only use open source tools, but are engaged open source community members. We contribute to open source projects, build our own open source tools, and engage with the community through conferences and meetups -- because we know that is the best way to deliver compelling experiences for our clients.
About the position
The Solutions Architect (SA) works with a team of SAs and the Director of Technology to provide technical leadership at Promet Source. The SA serves as a Technical Lead on selected projects. As a Technical Lead the SA guides the discovery process, helps create the project timeline, guides the project team during the project, provides support to the other developers on the project team, and knocks out tickets as well.
The SA also looks to solve common problems and gain efficiencies across the organization. At Promet Source we use common tools and approaches across projects that are always being improved. We also have unique projects that require an unconventional approach. The SAs help determine where our tools are best applied and help articulate how that best helps our clients.
Currently this position is 70% coding versus 30% leadership activities though that is flexible depending on an individual’s strengths and desires.
What we’re looking for
The SA has a big impact on how we succeed. We are looking for a senior individual who has experience in the Drupal community or other open source communities. We look at profiles on drupal.org or github to show that experience. We recognize that not everyone has the ability to contribute in that regard and are happy to receive applications from those who would like to.
The SA should be able to context switch between projects and be able to provide guidance about best practices across projects. For those devs who would like to have a leadership role but focus more on individual projects we also have a Senior Developer position.
- Lead and work in teams to architect, build and develop websites with Drupal and other technologies
- Spearhead the technological side of things in all stages of a project
- Help create best practices and standards across projects
- Contribute to open source projects on Drupal.org, Github and elsewhere
- Help manage tickets and set up devs for success
- Contribute to the development of organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for software development
- Effectively apply agreed upon standards and tools, to achieve well-engineered outcomes
- Participate in reviews of own work and lead reviews of colleagues' work
- Typically 7+ years of experience working as a Senior Developer and/or SA
- Strong Drupal experience including contributions to drupal.org
- Sharp understanding of best practices and ability to develop in PHP/MySQL development
- HTML, CSS expertise
- Knowledge and experience with API development
- Understands Integration concepts (restful services, API development, etc.)
- Experience using GIT for code checkouts, version control, and deployment techniques.
- Proven Custom module development
- General understanding of project management principles. (Agile, Iterative, Waterfall)
- Strong work ethic, a drive to succeed and proactive attitude
- Experience working in small teams
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and techniques
- Familiar with QA and deployment processes
- Demonstrate thought leadership through peer presentation, open source code contribution and articles
- Be relentlessly data driven
- Be creative in problem solving to achieve efficient delivery
- Be comfortable working autonomously with some ambiguity to strive to achieve clarity
- Competitive base salary with bonus structure
- Great benefits
- Ability for upward promotion
- Exciting and challenging work environment
- Fun, dynamic, growing team
- Paid Time Off
- Support for for relevant training, exams and courses
- Understanding of Apache/nginx configuration
- Understanding of Solr configuration
- High availability configuration for CMS driven websites
- MySQL skills
- Troubleshooting issues that occur at the server level, related to database throughput, preprocessor configuration, memory resident storage, and more.
- Continuous Integration, Behat or Selenium tests
- Ability to explain technical things to nontechnical people
Promet is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.