Promet Source is a global web and mobile application development company delivering full service high-value consulting and software development solutions. As a leading technology provider of web services, we focus on complex web development, support, mobile applications, and strategic marketing. We are dedicated to open source software solutions by providing managed services for Drupal-based websites, products, and applications.
Promet Source combines a unique combination of stellar designers, savvy project managers, and talented developers. Promet Source applications look great, are fun to use, and deliver outstanding value to our clients and their constituents. At Promet Source we not only use open source tools, but are engaged open source community members. We contribute to open source projects, build our own open source tools, and engage with the community through conferences and meetups -- because we know that is the best way to deliver compelling experiences for our clients.
About the position
The Drupal Developer or PHP Developer is responsible for the site building and custom PHP development of client’s websites based on project requirements and project scope. We are ideally looking for a full time Drupal Developer with great organizational and interpersonal skills that is experienced and driven toward code excellence.
- Develop and build with best practice and code excellence in mind
- Work in teams to help build and develop websites with Drupal and PHP
- Participate in daily and weekly status meetings
- Reporting time and work details on a daily basis
- Record detailed descriptions of work performed and documentation of progress
- Communicate regularly with project manager
- Strong understanding of best practices of PHP development
- Experience in Drupal development is a HUGE plus
- HTML, CSS expertise
- Ability to develop in PHP/MySQL
- Knowledge and experience with API development
- Proven Custom module development
- Understands Integration concepts (RESTful services, API development, etc.)
- Knowledge of PHP and MySQL development techniques: using GIT for code checkouts, version control, and deployment techniques.
- Understands the basics of web accessibility standards
- Knows how to apply accessibility web standards into their job role
- Having experience or certification(s) in web accessibility is a big plus
- Understanding of Apache/nginx configuration
- High availability configuration for CMS driven websites
- MySQL skills
- Mobile Web App Development (Apple or Android)
- Troubleshooting issues that occur at the server level, related to database throughput, preprocessor configuration, memory resident storage, and more.
- General understanding of project management principles. (Agile, Iterative, Waterfall)
- Strong work ethic, a drive for success and proactive attitude
- Experience working in small teams
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Familiar with QA and deployment processes
- Must be a friendly team player who enjoys challenges and learning new skills and techniques
- Competitive base salary with bonus structure
- Great benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Ability for Upward Mobility
- Fun and Challenging work environment
- Office socials, events, and lunches
- Fast growing technology company
- Casual office setting
- Support for for relevant training, exams and courses
Promet is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.