As Support Manager, you will handle the day-to-day distribution of support tickets, onboarding new clients, and reporting. You will work closely with Kanopi’s Support Team to manage technical service-related operations at Kanopi, making sure that timelines, budgets, and all technical development are on track. You will ensure that support tickets are monitored and touched as needed, overseeing the work of support staff to make certain that all jobs are completed on time, within budget, at the highest quality, and to customer specifications.
You will bring to the position: A passion for working with clients, developers, and fast-paced teams; and a strong track record of managing tickets, setting priorities, resourcing team members, and quality checking work. You will be familiar with a variety of website industry concepts, practices, and procedures, and able to rely on extensive experience and judgment to resource and assign tickets. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Please note: Although we all work remotely, for this position we are looking for candidates in the PST time zone.
You must have worked at at-least two Digital/Website Agencies as a Project Manager/Producer to apply for this job. Drupal/WordPress experience preferred. Due to the volume on inquiries, we are unable to respond to unqualified candidates.
- Oversee multiple clients and projects, and the Kanopi developers and UX/UI resources that support them
- Lead the onboarding of existing accounts transitioning from build, and the kickoff of new accounts joining support
- Understand client’s business needs and be able to clearly convey those to Kanopi team members
- Facilitate regular meetings with clients; articulating next steps, demonstrating new features and functionality, and proactively identifying needs
- Curate a backlog of work for each project; ensuring project teams have the clear information they need, working with clients to fill in any gaps, and prioritizing as needed
- Identify and share potential larger projects with the Management team or strategically determine when a larger initiative would be beneficial for the account
- Critically evaluate tasks to ensure the ask is the right solution
- Expedite urgent requests or needs, and prioritize work accordingly
- Carefully monitor budgets and timelines to ensure tasks are completed on-budget, and on-time; keep clients and Kanopi management in the know by reporting with hours and progress updates on a regular basis
- Work with clients and project teams to remove barriers to completing work
- Explain complex technical concepts to clients using clear non-technical language
- Forecast and resource appropriate Kanopi team members based on a project’s needs; including front-end/back-end developers, UX strategists, and designers
- Gain a deep understanding of the clients’ web properties you manage to anticipate and recommend appropriate needs to clients
- Review completed work (designs, documents, development work) to ensure a standard or quality before clients review
- Demonstrate good time management skills to stay on top of your workload and the team members’ you are managing
- Act as the primary point of contact for clients across all support engagements, and gain a deep understanding of their business needs, ensuring timely communication and response time for any existing or new work is adhered to
- Protect the well-being of project teams by keeping them busy, happy, and balanced
- Serve as the client advocate within Kanopi; making decisions based on your understanding of each client’s needs
- Build strong relationships with clients and Kanopi team members; understanding each individual’s skill sets and work styles
- Gain a deep understanding of each team member’s strengths, and weaknesses and assign work accordingly
- Learn to sense impending burnout in developers and yourself, and proactively prevent this
- Know when to push back on behalf of Kanopi’s best interests, and when to escalate situations to the attention of Management
- Maintain a calm demeanor when in stressful or high-pressure situations
- Assist in the overall process of making the company awesome by building repeatable patterns for success and happiness
- Agency Project Management experience working with Drupal and/or WordPress
- Experience managing a web build project throughout its full life cycle
- Experience managing and working with distributed project teams
- Experience resourcing development project resources
- Anticipate client needs and manage the issue queue
- Ability to set priorities and communicate changes to both the development team and account manager
- Can work well under pressure within a fast-paced environment on multiple projects
- Ability to manage the day-to-day delivery of engagements, risk mitigation, issue tracking, change management, and escalations
- Strong problem-solving abilities, intelligence, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Passion for the web, for open source development, and for working with a bunch of fun, humorous people
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An awareness of best practices with respect to performance, configuration, and development
- Project Management and methodology exposure (waterfall, agile, scrum)
- Strong enough knowledge of WordPress and Drupal to manage and communicate with teams building out utilizing these platforms
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related discipline (preferred, but not necessary)
- Knowledge of user-centered design and viewing requests through this lens is a plus
- User research practices and / or executional experience is a plus
- Ability to construct and implement wireframes and annotate user interactions is a plus
- Creative or visual design background (leadership or executional) in web design is a plus
- Understanding and expertise in Google Analytics is a plus
Fully Remote: Work where and when you do your best. It’s about feeling connected to others, having a flexible schedule and staying healthy.
Top Talent: Since we are not limited by walls, our ability to hire the best is limitless. Collaborate, learn and surround yourself with a strongly skilled and diverse team.
Travel: Love to see the world? So do we. Just find a place with good wifi, get connected and make great work happen!
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or overseas applicants.