You’ll be working on a mix of interesting projects for mission-driven organizations, and be counted upon to solve problems in code, and work in a team context using agile methodologies. You’ll be counted upon to work both autonomously and in sync with a highly collaborative distributed team. We hope you’re a fan of R&D and open source contributions. Thought leadership, education, and mentorship excite you. You’re a glass half full type of person.
Full-time applicants are preferred, but we are open to contract and part time opportunities.
Candidates for this remote position must reside in Canada or the US. BIPOC applicants will receive priority consideration, particularly if lived experience provides equivalent qualifications. If you’re a recruiter or agency, please do not contact us.
- Strong team collaboration skills
- Ability to clearly articulate estimable solutions to problems that don’t leave the user behind, baffle the product owner, or confuse the team
- Mastery of web fundamentals. You must know how to bend the internet to your will using its basic tech (HTML, SCSS, JS, PHP, MySQL, git).
- Deep expertise with the Drupal 8/9 API and module development. You don’t need to memorize the entire Views API, but knowing the structure of Drupal code, being able to use these conventions to create code other Drupal developers can use, and having the contextual knowledge to jump into (reasonably) well-structured Drupal projects is essential.
- Familiarity with Drupal site-building and its power. We need folks who know when to site build, and when to get deep into the code.
- Curiosity, interest, and dedication to Drupal’s evolution with a demonstrated ability to engage with the community via code contributions, presentations, or blogging.
- Experience working with Drupal cloud hosting providers like Pantheon, Acquia, Platform
- Strong, client-facing communication skills – both verbal and oral.
- Web analytics know-how
- Experience with site migrations
- Writing clear and concise documentation
- Performance testing and tuning
- Drupal security knowledge
- Familiarity with web accessibility standards
- Experience with other technologies like Symfony, React, Gatsby, VueJS, or GraphQL
- Ability and interest in Wordpress development
- Using your passion for DevOps to automate workflows and process through continuous integration and deployment.