Four Kitchens is looking for a Drupal Tech Lead with a desire to help our clients reach their goals. As a Drupal Tech Lead with Four Kitchens, you will own the technical direction of projects and work closely with Project Management and our clients to establish the technical needs and internal Four Kitchens resources necessary to deliver the project. You will plan site architecture, define user stories with a Product Owner, write code, and keep a team of engineers motivated and unblocked. We understand this is no small task, and so you will generally be focused on one main project at a time.
As a Web Chef, you will first and foremost exemplify our Core Values. You will also exhibit a natural curiosity and a passion for making cool stuff for the web. We expect our whole team to self-lead and prioritize as distributed team members—your frequent communication and participation in company culture will be critical indicators of your engagement at Four Kitchens. Being a constant self-educator is essential, so advanced degrees are not a requirement for this role as we believe that experience and passion are more important.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive workplace and building a diverse team. At our core, we believe deeply in diversity and inclusiveness as being critical parts of a healthy team. We aim to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. If you look at our team page and don’t see yourself, don’t shy away. Come work with us!
As a Drupal Tech Lead, you will...
- Provide collaborative, cross-functional technical leadership on projects in the higher education, media, publishing, and corporate verticals
- Perform hands-on back-end Drupal technical design, development, deployment, and maintenance of large, high-impact Drupal projects
- Participate in code review for your project team to ensure it meets Four Kitchens code standards
- Work closely with the Four Kitchens Sales team to provide technical input and direction on proposals and RFPs
- Engage in strategic conversations and occasionally dabble in working on open source R&D projects
- Partner with Project Managers to staff and delegate technical tasks on cross-functional teams
- Act autonomously on designated projects for technical vision, requirements, and needs through implementation and delivery.
- Mentor and coach more junior team members at Four Kitchens, but also in the development community.
- Have the self-awareness to know what you don’t know and the confidence to get help when you need it.
- Help maintain technical organization and documentation
- Continue to grow and sharpen your skills.
- Engage in the greater community by speaking about, writing about, or contributing to open-source projects
You’re our next Drupal Tech Lead if...
- You can translate complex technical requirements into functional software using best practices.
- You have experience and passion for developing for Drupal
- You have experience with common system architectures and issues facing high traffic Drupal sites
- You understand OOP PHP principles and core Symfony fundamentals, including Plugin development, Dependency Injection, Routing, and Service definitions
- You communicate well in presentations, demos, client consultations, and write excellent documentation
How to Apply
Include the following materials with your application:
- Cover letter. Tell us about which of our Core Values resonates with you the most and why (Applicants who include this step with their application receive priority screening)!
- Samples of your recent coding work. Public contributions on Github or Drupal.org are a bonus, but any recent work is helpful. We are looking for a code sample that will be a good starting point for a conversation about your experience and development philosophy. If the example you provide is part of a team effort, please describe your contribution. Feel free to redact or obfuscate any client-identifying info. If you cannot show us actual code, please be prepared to explain your coding philosophy and standards in detail.
Four Kitchens welcomes applications from all backgrounds, particularly from people of color; women; LGBTQ+ people; immigrants or refugees; differently-abled people; and people from low- or moderate-income backgrounds. Four Kitchens is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, disability status, veteran status, military obligations, marital status and policy party affiliation, or on any other basis that would violate any applicable federal, state or local law.