Do you want to work at a growing digital agency to foster client relationships and build client success? Do you have a track record of successfully managing web design and development projects and the teams associated with them? We are looking for a seasoned, organized, focused, and dedicated technical project manager.
Our ventures as a rapidly expanding web agency include web planning, design, and development services. In this position, you will manage the workflow of incoming content/web/requests, collaborate with partners to understand requirements and goals, and ensure effective communication within our internal projects team in an agile work environment.
The ideal candidate is an organized, creative individual who can work independently and collaboratively to produce client-focused website design that exceeds expectations. Ideal candidates will have direct experience and knowledge of multiple platforms, including Drupal and WordPress.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Oversee all stages of the project from conception to development using agile methodologies working closely with the creative and development teams to ensure that projects stay on track and meet deadlines.
- Create project timelines and serve as a guide for internal processes and checkpoints.
- Bring together a diverse set of skills in web development, art direction, graphic design, and digital content production.
- Manage and report the project schedule, budget, and status
- Assign issues to designers and developers, and track the status through completion
- Ensure our clients are pleased and project team members are engaged
- Provide insights and suggestions to the team as the project evolves
- Act as a client representative at Evolving Web
- Supervise a team of developers and provide regular feedback on their performance
What kind of skill set do you need to be successful in your role within the Evolving community?
You should ideally possess all of the following traits. Many excellent candidates, however, will only possess a subset of the traits listed below. We encourage you to apply if you would describe yourself as having most of the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience overseeing complex technical projects at an agency, web development firm, or digital marketing company.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Proven ability to understand web development projects, applications and technical concepts
- Knowledge of Drupal, WordPress, and/or mobile development
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience using web project management tools (JIRA, Redmine, Basecamp, etc.)
- An understanding of web usability, accessibility, and user experience best practices
- Strong organizational, project management, and analytical skills
- Strong team player, problem-solving and leadership skills
What kind of person usually gets along easily with us?
- Someone who feels better products come from a collaborative work process
- Not afraid to voice your opinion, but open to any input - we want to hear your well considered thoughts about what we're doing
- Organized and able to work on several projects concurrently;
- Creative and curious, you're not afraid of learning new tools or responsibilities;
- Strong team player, with problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Excellent spoken and written French
- Experience working with institutional clients
What you get:
- A fully remote position where you are trusted to do work that matters whichever way you work best;
- Work on important projects for public sector clients, such as Tourisme Quebec, Princeton University and the Government of Canada;
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of designers, developers, and strategists spread across many countries;
- Receive mentorship on how to grow as a leader, improve your skills, and deliver quality products;
- Receive encouragement and support to optionally write blog posts under your own name and present at conferences;
- A culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development;
- Work with dedicated people in a fun and friendly environment;
- Health Insurance, that include dental, visual, prescriptions, and paramedical.
Evolving Web values diversity and is committed to assembling a team with a diverse set of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more diverse we are, the better we will be. Evolving Web is an equal opportunity employer. We support and encourage flexible working, including flexible hours and work from home.
Learn more about what it's like to work at Evolving Web and join us!