We’re looking for a Senior Back-End Engineer to take a strategic role in designing and building web applications, customer-facing APIs and backend services. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you’ll provide additional leadership to project development teams, and contribute to new business development by supporting clients with their technical questions. You will collaborate with our Client Services, Experience Design, and Engineering teams to create applications with an eye towards scalability, flexibility and ease of maintenance.
WHO YOU ARE:
- An expert back-end engineer and tenacious problem-solver ---“we’ve always done it this way” isn’t in your vocabulary.
- Detail-oriented, able to deliver high-quality work and technical documentation.
- Diligent and accountable, you hold yourself and your team to high standards of quality.
- A player-coach, willing and able to contribute to sprint deliverables while serving as a resource to teammates and junior engineers.
- A dependable communicator, you follow through on your commitments and proactively communicate status updates.
- Courageous, willing to advocate for standards and best practices.
- A curious, lifelong learner who seeks out opportunities to try new things.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design, build and deploy applications and features utilizing a variety of CMSs (Drupal, WordPress, Craft) and application development frameworks.
- Guide technical discussions with clients, establishing technical requirements and presenting architecture recommendations based on business needs.
- Help define coding standards and create reusable software design patterns.
- Develop CMS-based websites and create custom CMS modules.
- Build with security in mind, advocate for security and data integrity across project teams.
- Design and development of custom APIs to power front-end applications.
- Contribute to DevOps and automation.
- Collaborate with project teams to research and recommend application architectures.
- Provide project estimates, meet with clients, and evaluate RFPs.
- Positively impact the culture of O3 World by establishing and fostering cross-functional relationships and mentoring other engineers.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED YOU TO HAVE:
- At least 5 years of professional experience with back-end CMS development
- At least 1 year of experience leading the technical recommendations to clients or internal teams.
- Experience leading Scrum/Agile projects.
- Drupal and WordPress experience is highly preferred.
- Experience integrating third party APIs.
- Experience working in a cross-functional team structure (engineers, experience designers, project managers, QA).
- Experience with enterprise development and communication tools (such as Github, Jira, Confluence, Slack).