Develop and maintain the library’s Internet and Intranet sites. Primarily responsible for programming, also contributes to web design and layout.
1. Recommend and develop new web services and applications at direction of Service Managers and IT Manager. Responsible for full life cycle development including requirements, coding, testing, implementation and maintenance.
2. Develop custom code/Drupal modules for specialty applications.
3. Set technical standards and document all work on Internet and Intranet.
4. Maintain current technical knowledge through continuing education activities, self-study and technical seminars.
5. Responsible for maintaining high levels of usability, accessibility and user experience across all aspects of the website.
Requirements & Skills:
Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience developing web related applications and pages in a production environment. Experience customizing Drupal modules & themes preferred.
Excellent communication skills to collaborate with managers and non-technical staff and to solicit feedback from website users. Ability to manage multiple priorities and excel in Our Culture.
Bachelor’s degree in computer-related field or equivalent experience in web development/design and related certification.
Hours and Scheduling:
Full time position 37.5 hours per week; Monday- Friday daytime hours.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary based on qualifications.
Benefits include health insurance, 4 weeks of vacation plus personal and sick time, 12 paid holidays, Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) pension plan and availability of 457/Roth savings plans.
Arlington Heights is the largest community along Chicago’s northwest suburban corridor, located 25 miles from downtown Chicago. The train station is located just two blocks from the library, convenient for our employees who live in the city.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit
- A letter of interest, including how your qualifications match the requirements for the position.
- Your resume.