To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health. American Medical Association is currently seeking a Drupal Developer to be a part of a fast-paced, innovative and growing team designing, building and implementing AMA’s premier web properties. You’ll be working at our headquarters in downtown Chicago, at one of the most respected institutions in healthcare.
You will be responsible for developing reusable, scalable and maintainable website solutions and delivering best in class websites and mobile apps. Our digital platform is built on the Acquia Drupal framework, but understanding of a wide range of web technologies is a plus. You will be providing day-to-day support for the CMS platform, as well as custom module development and testing the quality and security of your code. Demonstrable experience with administration of Drupal-based systems is key and will involve the ability to handle complicated backend tasks such as migration, search customization and web services programming. You should have exceptional programming skills, problem solving abilities, and an eye for detail.
The skills you will need:
- 2+ years of experience building Drupal websites, including working with Content Types, Fields, Taxonomy, Views, Panels, Features, etc.
- Experience with Drupal module development
- Experience working with Drupal functions and API
- Understanding of Drupal best practices
- Experience using and configuring local development environments (Vagrant, Ansible)
- Experience with Continuous Integration software (Travis, Circle CI, Jenkins)
- Familiar with Composer
- Comfortable with Git and Drush
- Performance tuning/understanding of Drupal caching layers (memcache/redis, Varnish, APC/OPcache, etc.)
- 4 plus years overall experience with software development and/or analysis. Broad technical skills needed.
- Understanding of non-for-profit and/or healthcare related business processes
- Experience working with Test Driven Development and proficiency in unit and functional testing
- Experience with Drupal 8
- Experience with Docker
- Active in Drupal community (Drupal.org profile, IRC, local user groups, etc.)
- Knowledge of Solr or SearchAPI
- Experience with CDNs (Fastly, Cloudflare)
- Experience with SSO (SAML, OpenID)
- Experience with Acquia platform
- Certified Drupal Developer
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. Please apply for the position at https://ama-assn.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=2&c=ama-assn&id=995. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION