In 2022, the Drupal Community Health Team began the process of updating the project's 12-year old code of conduct. This session will provide an overview of the approach the team took to this task, including:
- Incorporating feedback from past community discussions and surveys
- Reviewing codes of conduct from other communities for inspiration
- Prioritizing what elements were important to have in an updated code of conduct
- Ensuring that the updated code of conduct was written in a way that was clear and understandable
- Soliciting input from community stakeholders prior to sharing with the community-at-large
We'll discuss what changes were made, and how the new code of conduct was designed to meet the unique needs of the Drupal project and community.
George DeMetFounder and CEO @ Palantir.net
George DeMet is the founder and CEO of Palantir.net, a full-service digital consultancy that uses open source technologies to help others discover, create, and share knowledge. He is responsible for providing strategic leadership and direction for the company and helping support its values and vision.
George has also supported the Drupal project and community in numerous volunteer roles, including serving as on the Drupal Community Working Group and co-chairing DrupalCon Chicago 2011.