Keeping the Design System updated takes real effort for all contributors. You often need to cross reference multiple resources (such as Jira) or make modifications for various contributors which can create inefficiencies, inconsistencies, sloppy hand-offs and further silo teams.
Using Figma, we can focus beyond design through developers hand-off. We’ll discuss multiple approaches and how to apply Figma features to support your ongoing needs through the full design cycle.
- How the Figma Component Library can service:
- developers by referencing detailed specs
- designers by designing pages insanely fast
- content authors by authoring seamlessly
- stakeholders by referencing designs easily
- How to establish workflows so all contributors can identify the status of components within your Component Library in Figma (approved design, in development, live in Drupal)
- Approaches to building components in your Figma Component Library that function as they do in Drupal and keep them in parity (mirror padding, required/optional elements)
- How to create a flexible, yet consistent annotations template that is relevant for stakeholder presentations, developers and content authors
- How to create a create Documentation & Guidelines to ensure everyone knows how to use and grow your Library