Twig is a wonderful tool to build templates for your Drupal 8 themes. It can be easy to pick up, but certain problems can leave you frustrated and unsure of what to do. Don't fret, we'll be talking through some straight forward solutions to most of the problems that you'll encounter.
In this session you’ll learn how to:
- Debug variables and find the right values for your template.
- Understand why your changes are not appearing on the page.
- Avoid and resolve PHP errors.
- Fix a White Screen of Death.
- Develop a checklist to fix common problems.
- Understand and interpret a problem that may require more advanced help.
You'll leave this session prepared to work with Twig templates and resolve issues that appear. We'll be spending most of our time within Twig templates and the theme file. This session is perfect for those who are new to Drupal 8 and Twig.
Larry WalangitanDeveloper @ Chromatic
I am a developer at Chromatic, building and maintaining custom content management solutions using Drupal for enterprise clients. After hours you can find me performing improvisational comedy around town or figuring out new recipes at home.